Welcome to the Cotherstone Parish Council website
A warm welcome to the Cotherstone Parish Council website.
Cotherstone is a rural village in the beautiful countryside of Teesdale in the rural south-west of County Durham.
The parish lies to the west of Barnard Castle in the Durham Dales at the confluence of the river Tees and Balder, and comprises of the village of Cotherstone and the hamlets of East, and West, Briscoe in the ward of South Baldersdale.
Single Use Plastics Pledge
The Parish Council has taken the Single Use Plastics Pledge and will, wherever it can, reduce its use of single-use plastics.
Councillors encourage individuals to do whatever they can to reduce single-use plastics. You could:
• carry a shopping bag instead of buying a plastic bag
• carry a re-usable water bottle and refill it
• take a re-usable coffee cup
• say no to plastic straws
• avoid excessive food packaging
• say no to disposable cutlery
• pack your lunch in re-usable containers
• get your milk delivered
• avoid using microbeads which are mainly found in exfoliating face and body scrubs, shower gels, toothpastes etc.