Parish Councils work within a statutory framework and must operate within the law.
The work of Cotherstone Parish Council is governed/influenced by a number of documents, these include:
- Standing Orders – which determine how meetings of the council are run and decisions are made
Cotherstone Parish Council Standing Orders May 2020 (.pdf)
- Code of Conduct – which sets out the behaviour which is expected of councillors in connection with their office and covers issues such as declaring interests.
- Byelaws – Cotherstone Parish Council has a series of bylaws made under section 8(1)(d) of the Local Government Act of 1894 which relate to the village open spaces and common land.
Parish Council of Cotherstone Byelaws (.pdf)
- Register of Interests – by law, all councillors are required to provide details of their interest which are available for public inspection.
Cotherstone Parish Councillors – Declarations of Interests (.pdf)
- Publication Scheme – this sets out the manner in which the Parish Council will respond to requests for information under the Freedom of Information Act.
- Financial Regulations (May 2020)
- Delegation Scheme (February 2020)
- Equality Policy (February 2020)
- Publication Scheme (last reviewed July 2019)
- Cotherstone Parish Council Complaints Policy and Procedures (December 2019)
- Document Retention and Disposal Policy
- Information & Data Protection Policy June 2019
- Training and Development Policy (September 2019)
- Risk Register (November 2019)
- Asset Register November 2019
- Members’ Allowances Scheme
- APPROVED Grant Awarding Policy 131119
- Social Media and Electronic Communication Policy (reviewed October 2019)
- Grievance Policy (February 2020)
- Disciplinary Policy (February 2020)
- Dispensations – details of applications for dispensations by councillors to allow them to vote (in specific circumstances) on matters in which they have an interest.
- Allotments – Cotherstone Parish has two sets of allotments that are for the specific use by parish residents, subject to waiting list. The Parish Council has a defined set of rules that govern the use of allotments.
Sample Allotment Agreement (last reviewed July 2019) (.pdf)