We hope to use this page not only to tell you about things that Cotherstone Parish Council is doing but also other news and events from other organisations within our local community.
If you live in the village and are interested in an allotment please get in touch with Judith at email@example.com. All current allotment holders are reminded that rents are due early January. Please be aware that we currently have a waiting list for allotments, so do get in touch if you wish to retire.
The housing policy has now successfully been completed following consultation with Durham Planning Authority. We have subsequently held a detailed and constructive meeting with Durham Planning Authority (Conservation Officers) to discuss the topic of heritage and the safeguarding of the village conservation area. They advised us to use the “Oxford Toolkit” to carry out this heritage review, photographs to support this process were taken on Sunday 5th March and we have subsequently completed the assessment sheets, now submitted to Durham County Council for comments.
We are also in the process of revamping the “Village Design Statement” to bring it up to date and align it with current national planning framework and Durham Planning Policy Requirements.
The aim is to have all of the policies in place to enable a second consultation exercise to be carried out in late Summer/early Autumn.
- DM/16/02844/VOC – Variation order on access to annex development behind Greystones – Gone to appeal.
- DM/16/04011/FPA – Two storey extension to No.6 Greenfields – Approved
- DM/17/00074/FPA – Renovation and alterations to North Corn Park – Approved
- DM/17/00494/FPA – Demolition of existing stable block and construction on new utility building at Balder Cottage – Approved
- DM/17/01644/FPA – Single storey rear extension and alteration to front vehicle access/driveway to 4 Marwood View – Approved
- DM/17/01755/TPO – TPO on two tree in garden and beck side at Brook House – Approved
- DM/17/01773/FPA – Renovations and alterations to farm house and barn to form new dwelling at North Corn Park – Pending
- DM/17/01818/FPA – Erection of 2 glamping pods at the rear of Greystones – Pending
- DM/17/02092/VOC – Variation of condition 2 of planning permission DM/15/02095/FPA to allow revised designs – Pending
Fun Weekend (14th-16th June)
This years action packed Fun Weekend is due to take place on the above dates.
Financial Transparency Code
A new “Transparency Code” for Parish Councils with an annual expenditure of less that £25,000 came into force on the 1st of July 2015. A new website section has been added to the “council” section to cover these requirements.
Parish Council Vacancy
The Parish Council has one vacancy at the current time. If anybody is interested in becoming a Parish Councillor; please feel free to talk with any current Councillor as to what the role involves or contact the Parish Clerk if you are interested.